- Spotter Training 2015:
*NEWS FLASH* Reduced manpower at the Wilmington, OH office of the National Weather Service is causing a significant reduction in the number of spotter classes this year. No county will have more than one class and counties are being encouraged to combine classes and they are doing it. Some counties will have no class this year. There will be no WARN sponsored training class this year. We are encouraging everyone to attend other scheduled classes.
Hamilton County's class will be on Tuesday February 3, 2015 in Green Township at Nathanael Greene Lodge, which is large enough to hold about 200 people. We'll use this as the "WARN" training this year. For information on the venue, please Click here.
The entire spotter class schedule should be finalized very soon, before the end of January. That will probably be all of the classes that will be taught, so if you normally wait until later in the season to see if a more convenient class is scheduled, DON'T. To view the full training class schedule for the Wilmington, OH office of the National weather service and the 52 counties that they serve Click here.
- WARN partners with NKARC to use the 147.375 repeater to provide better coverage to Owen, Grant and Pendleton Counties. For more information see the Net Repeaters Page.
- Be sure to check out the extensive spotter information at the Wilmington NWS Office web site.
- Your amateur radio-related announcements are welcome on the monthly WARN training net.
- WARN training nets are held the 1st Wednesday of the month at 7:30pm eastern time on 146.88 MHz.
- The WARN membership flyer is online in Adobe Acrobat PDF form.
- Check for license exams in the area via the ARRL Exam Session Search. Click here for Greater Cincinnati area listings.
- Read more WARN news...
For information about WARN, please contact Public Information Officer Mike Nie W8VMX at firstname.lastname@example.org or Rob Reider W8GFF at email@example.com.